Developing marketing launch plans is a fundamental part of a product marketing manager's job.
Marketing plans introduce your product to your target customers so you can grow your business.
Sometimes called a GTM Launch Plan or Marketing Plan, these plans articulate exactly how you are going to tell customers about your product - where, how, and to what objective.
In this course, you'll learn how to create GTM Launch Plans as well as ongoing Marketing Plans (how you market your product after it's been established).
You'll get video lectures, worksheets, and templates you can use today so you can create a winning plan that gets customers to your product.
Marketing Launch Stages
Marketing Funnels for B2C and B2B businesses
Overview of Acquisition Channels
Overview of Engagement Channels
How to develop GTM Launch Plans and Ongoing Marketing Plans
- Before we get started ...
- Introducing BetterPlantz and Business Boost
- Handout: Better Plantz and Business Boost descriptions
- Supplemental Note
- Launch / Channel Plans
- Product Launch Stages
- How to Develop Your Launch Plan
- Marketing Funnels (B2C and B2B)
- Handouts: Marketing Funnels
- Acquisition Channels: Overview
- Acquisition Channels: PR, Influencers, Offline
- Example Influencers
- Acquisition Channels: SEO, Social
- Example SEO & Social
- Acquisition Channels: Paid Media, Retargeting, SEM
- Example Paid Media & SEM
- Worksheet: Acquisition Channel Planning
- Engagement Channels: Overview
- Engagement Channels: In-product messaging
- Example In-product messaging
- Engagement Channels: Email
- Example Emails
- Engagement Channels: Social
- Engagement Channels: Mobile, Customer Care
- Worksheet: Engagement Channel Planning
- Launch Plan - Better Plantz (B2C)
- Template: Better Plantz Launch Plan
- Launch Plan - Business Boost (B2B)
- Template: Business Boost Launch Plan
- Supplemental Note
- Before you go...
- Next Steps
- Request Certificate of Completion
Melinda Chung has over 15 years of experience leading strategy, marketing and product management in technology companies. Melinda has built marketing teams from the ground up at two companies and has led full-stack product marketing teams at companies including Yahoo!, StumbleUpon, Locu (acquired by GoDaddy), and GoDaddy. Melinda is currently Director of Product Marketing at Adobe. Melinda has an MBA in Marketing & Strategy from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a BA in Mathematical Economics from Pomona College.
Is this a live class?
No, this is an online class with prerecorded video lectures. You'll also get, handouts, exercises, and templates for you to practice and use on the job right away.
How long do I have to finish this class?
You have lifetime access to this class and can finish it at your own pace.
How long is this class?
You'll likely spend 1.5-2 hrs working your way through the video lectures, handouts, and templates in this class.
Product Marketing Bootcamp
The complete online course for end-to-end product marketing. Learn the essentials of product marketing: market and user research, competitive analysis, positioning, marketing launch plan development, acquisition and engagement marketing and more.
Positioning is what you stand for in the hearts and minds of customers and is a core function of product marketing. Learn how to craft a positioning platform through video lectures, step-by-step guides, worksheets and templates.
Marketing Launch Plans
Creating marketing launch plans are a fundamental part of product marketing. Learn how to create launch plans and marketing plans that cover both acquisition and engagement. You'll get examples, worksheets and templates that you can use today.